Carpet & Rug Protector
ClearPro Window and Carpet Cleaning recommends that homeowners have one of our protectant products applied at the time of each carpet, rug, or upholstery cleaning service. We truly understand your reluctance in today’s economic climate to want to "come out of pocket" for anything beyond a basic cleaning service. We really do. However, the benefits of our optional protector application service provide a really good return for your additional cash outlay. We would simply be remiss in not bringing this optional service to your attention and passing along some information to help you make an informed decision.
We carry several different products, but you are most likely to have at least heard of 3M Scotchgard™ or DuPont Teflon. Carpet, Upholstery and Rug Protection can be applied to just about any type of furniture fabric including delicate fabrics such as silk. We can protect new or just cleaned furniture.
What do Protector Products do?
The application of protector on your carpet, rugs, and upholstery provides the best protection available against future stains and re-soiling. These products have two protective chemical properties. The first chemical property is an acid dye blocker which is fundamentally a clear dye that fills areas in the fiber that are missing dye or the dye layer is thin. The barrier formed by this clear dye acts to repel "foreign dyes" such as those found in red wine from penetrating the carpet fiber. Carpet, Upholstery and Rug Protection has a solvent-based carrying agent that will not water mark delicate fabrics. Once the product dries, it will leave a layer of protection that will help the homeowner maintain furniture with ease.
The second chemical property is called a "fluorochemical". This chemical property serves two purposes: 1) keeping any spilled liquid from actually getting to the acid dye blocker and more importantly, 2) resisting dry soil from attaching to the fiber. This is actually a big deal! Dry soil tends to bond to untreated carpet fibers over time. Once bonded, this dry soil acts like sandpaper breaking down carpet fibers in people and pet traffic ways. This carpet damage is permanent and cannot be reversed or repaired. Protector products actually make treated carpet cleaner than non-treated carpet since the dry soil is not able to bond to the carpet fibers and is sucked up and out of the carpet by the vacuum cleaner.
Carpet Protector Benefits
- Reduces the Likelihood of Permanent Staining - A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly stain. Unprotected carpet fiber allows foreign dyes from spilled liquids such as red wine to penetrate the fiber’s surface making stains more difficult and sometimes impossible to remove. Protected carpet fibers prevent foreign dyes from penetrating the fiber surface facilitating easier clean up of spilled liquids and reduced likelihood of permanent staining.
- Reduces the Severity of Traffic Area Carpet Wear - Traffic area dry soil bonds easily to unprotected carpet fiber. This dry soil is very abrasive and over time acts like sandpaper permanently damaging carpet yarns to create familiar traffic wear patterns. Protector treated carpet fibers reduce the ability of dry soils to bond. This unattached dry soil can be more effectively removed from the carpet pile by vacuum cleaner.
- Makes Spots Easier to Remove - Protected carpet fiber makes it easier to remove spots from carpet pile reducing the amount of cleaner, agitation, and time required and making it less likely that carpet fiber will be damaged in the process. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
- Helps Keep Carpet Cleaner Between Professional Cleanings Services – Applying protector to carpet at each professional service will facilitate the more effective removal of dry soil during regular maintenance vacuuming.
- Helps Avoid Costly Service Calls – The likelihood of requiring a professional service call to treat a spot or stain that the homeowner was unable to get out is drastically reduced through the regular use of protector.
- Protected Carpet Will Look Better and Last Longer than Unprotected Carpet – The bottom line...
Why Does Carpet Protector Need to be Reapplied?
Four Mistakes Other Carpet Cleaners Make In Applying Protector
- Regular Foot Traffic – Foot and pet traffic on carpet over a period of time will steadily remove protector. The frequency that protector must be reapplied to the carpet can vary from as little as six months to as long as two years depending upon the actual volume of traffic. Annual reapplications generally work well for many homeowners.
- High Alkaline Cleaner - Uninformed, uneducated and/or unethical carpet cleaners can use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip it of its protection.
Our Reputation for Quality and Service is SPOTLESS
Customer Satisfaction is Guaranteed...Period
- Using Low Quality Protector – Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the carpet warranty. ClearPro uses only the highest quality, carpet manufacturer recommended protectors.
- Not Using a Dedicated Container – Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. We carry dedicated containers reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
- Not Applying the Product Properly – Some carpet cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying doesn't facilitate complete penetration of the carpet yarns. Over applying causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. ClearPro carpet cleaning technicians have the training and the experience to properly apply protector.
- Not Grooming the Carpet. For best performance, the protector product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn as well as proper distribution and drying. ClearPro technicians thoroughly groom the protector into the carpet pile.
Earning your continued trust and confidence in our workmanship and service is the most important task we undertake each and every day. All of us at ClearPro Window and Carpet Cleaning understand that your complete satisfaction is the key to our on-going success.
ClearPro Window and Carpet Cleaning guarantees all work performed will be completed as specified in a professional, workman-like manner following standard trade practices, safety guidelines, and federal, state, and local regulations.